- Act of Contrition and Morning Offering
- Parts of the Mass
- Virtues and Saints
- First Reconciliation and First Eucharist
- Author study
- Developing reading strategies
- Foundational Skills and Phonics
- Comprehension and Fluency
- Writing Process
- Place Value
- Addition and Subtraction 2 and 3 digit numbers
- Math Facts to 20 (1+1…10+10)
- Length Measurement
- Telling time
- Counting Coins
- Problem Solving
- Flat Stanley and Flat Self – mail to a family or friend outside the Seattle area in September. Complete a simple presentation report to share with the class.
- Map Skills
- Life Science (Plants Habitats)
- Physical (Forms of Matter)
- Engineering Design
- Earth Science (Landforms & Slow and Quick Changes)
- Help with math fact fluency
- Send a water bottle and healthy snack
- Read with and to your child daily
- Go to church and pray together
- Be an example of a reader and writer
- Make time to play
- Limit screen time
Help your child choose good-fit books.
I Pick Good-Fit Books
I select a book and look it over, inside and out.
- Purpose: Why might I want to read it?
- Interest: Does it interest me?
- Comprehend: Do I understand what I am reading?
- Know: Do I know nearly all the words?
Children need 99% accuracy for independent reading. This leads to greater fluency and comprehension.
Art – Thursday, 2:10-2:50
Must have completed Safe Environment Training to volunteer. You must have a volunteer badge on when you volunteer. Check-in is in the east hallway of the main school building. Contact Sheila Marty for information or to update your file – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greenwood Library chaperones
- Recess volunteers, 11-12:15 daily – urgent need! email email@example.com to volunteer
- Math Centers helpers
|The St. John Dress Uniform consists of a white polo shirt and navy sweatshirt with St. John logo. In addition, boys will wear khaki slacks; girls (K-5) may wear khaki pants or Marymount plaid jumper.|
Absences & Tardies:
If your child is going to be absent from school, please notify us by calling the school office at 206-783-0337 or use this link https://st-johnschool.org/attendance/. If your child arrives after 8:20, report to the office and then come to the classroom.
Take Home Folder
Your child is responsible for bringing his/her Take Home folder to and from school daily. Please send any notes or forms to me in your child’s homework folder.
We will celebrate your child with a birthday card, song and birthday questions. Summer birthdays are celebrated in May/June or on half-birthdays. Due to allergies, it is a school policy that we do not share a birthday food treat.
First Reconciliation and First Eucharist
Pat Hendrickson and Telia Oines will be teaching the preparation classes for 1st Reconciliation and Eucharist.
We are a peanut-free classroom. Please send your child with a daily snack and water bottle that is packed separate from his/her lunch. Because of food allergies, sharing of lunch and snacks is never allowed.
- Respect you teachers and your classmates.
- Listen and follow directions.
- Raise your hand to speak or leave your seat.
- Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- Travel safely and quietly.