Dear 2nd Graders and families,
Here we are in a situation out of our control, but distance learning is another great tool for education. The first 2 weeks of the closure, Mrs. Hendrickson and I were able to make packets for you. After that we are going to do distance learning using your computer and other resources. The first 2 weeks is review and practicing what we have learned so far. After that students will be learning new things. I will be available every day 9-12 for any questions and support. You can contact me by phone, email or video conference using zoom.us. If those times don’t work, I will be watching on and off all day for emails from you.
The specialist teachers and I will be giving student their assignments one week at a time. This will be a learning process for all of us, but that is what education is all about – being flexible and learning new ways of doing our best!
Students, I will be missing every one of you during this time, so I would love an email from you- what you are doing, how you are feeling about all of this, any school assignment questions, drawing me a picture and having your parents take a picture and send it to me – anything. The parents were given times that I would be available for sure, but you can anytime, any day! Even though I am not at school, I am doing school things at home, just like you.
- Set a time for school. Your work should take you about 2 hours each day. You can do an hour, then take a break, then complete the 2nd
- Get supplies ready: pencils, sharpener, paper, work folder.
- Follow the day’s plan and decide the order you will do it.
- Listen to the grownups helping you with your school work.
- Try your best. Use your great handwriting even at home!
- Every Friday, your parents will report to me how the week went and if you completed your work for the week.
Have a great day tomorrow, starting your distance learning!
Please complete this questionnaire. Thank you!
God bless you,