It was great to meet you on Curriculum Night! We are off to a fantastic start in 2nd Grade. Thank you to all of you who expressed interest in helping with projects and volunteering. Here is a review of the most important information shared that night.
- Flat Stanley and Flat Self came home today! Mail the manila envelope to a friend or family member as soon as possible. Choose someone who is out of state or out of the U.S. When Flat Stanley returns home tell Mrs. Oines. Then, your child will get a form to fill out and a date to share with the class.
- Greenwood Library– complete library card application and permission slip by September 20.
- We are PEANUT FREE classroom.
- Student Work sent home in Take Home Folder
- Homework: Monday-Thursdays with occasional projects.
- Keep up the Jog-a-thon fundraising! We’ll be running 9/20 at 2:00. Come join the fun!
- Orca Conservation: We made posters to share ways to help orcas. Help your child choose a place to display the poster at a coffee shop, house window, grocery store, telephone pole, dance studio, bus stop etc. We will be adopting an orca next week through the whalemuseum.org. Students can bring in $1 next week or do a small job to earn a $1. We can make a difference for the Puget Sound and our orcas.
- Good-fit Books: We reviewed how to choose a good-fit book and spent time reading each day. Each child has a book box to keep school-library, Greenwood library and classroom books.
- Magnifikid weekly magazine– Your child gets a subscription to MagnifiKid from the Saint John Parish. It comes home every Friday. Take the MagnifiKid with you to mass to help your child follow along. It includes:
- All the readings and the prayers of the Sunday Mass with explanations of the difficult words and the meaning of the rituals;
- A suggested prayer for Morning and Evening;
- Many suggestions on how to live the entire week with the Lord;
- Various games, a comic, and activities to help children learn about Christ
Have a wonderful weekend!