Despite the continued cold and rainy weather, signs of spring are finally here! Many spring events on happening, so be sure to mark your calendars with the events named below. It’s been fun this week to hear about the 2nd graders’ spring break adventures. Last Tuesday, I enjoyed seeing all the beautiful scrolls at the Bread-making event. Your children are ready for their First Communion! They have grown in their faith in Jesus and love for others this year. I’m so proud of your wonderful children! I will continue to pray for all the 2nd graders as we approach this special sacrament. God bless you!
Reading and Writing: It’s Poetry Month! We will continue to read and write poetry through next week. We have learned haiku, diamante, free verse, I Know a Place… and color poems. Students will collect write and illustrate a few of their favorite poems.
Math: 3-digit addition and subtraction
Religion: First Communion is nearly here! We will have a brunch May 8th to celebrate the children’s 1st Communion. This is a student only brunch. Thank you for the volunteers who signed up to set up and bring food. I’m so excited for the 2nd Graders. One week to go!
Social Studies: We are working on my favorite group project. The kids will work as a team to create an urban, suburban or rural community. They begin by brainstorming places people in their community can live, work, learn, play and worship. Then they design a map of their community. Finally they use colored paper, scissors and glue to create their community on a large poster paper. The communities will be on display Thursday, June 1st (7:45-8:15 and 3:00-3:30) at the 2nd Grade Open House.
- Monday, May 1st: Crowning of Mary– bring a flower
- Tuesday, May 2nd: First Communion Rehearsal
- Wednesday morning, May 3rd: MAP testing (reading)
- Thursday, May 4th @ 7pm: Spring Concert
- Friday morning, May 5th: MAP testing (math)
- May 6th and 7th: First Communion Masses
- Monday, May 8th: First Communion Brunch for 2nd Graders
- Tuesday, May 9th: MAP testing (Language)
- Wednesday, May 17th: Field Trip: Mass at Blanchet High School
- Thursday, June 1st before and after school: OPEN HOUSE in 2nd GRADE CLASSES
Enjoy these great photos of our biography projects.
I hope you have a great time at the auction! Thank you for supporting our school.