Lent is here! It’s a time we focus on prayer, fasting and giving for Jesus. The students have created a countdown of the days of Lent that we post on our Lenten Journey bulletin board. Yesterday they made a cross with their Lenten promise on it and posted them on the board. We will spend time during Lent preparing our hearts for Jesus’ resurrection. Monday – Thursday the primary department will pray at 8:25. Fridays are 2:30 the whole school with pray the Stations of the Cross together. You are welcome!
Do want to grow closer to Jesus too? Check out the Best Lent Ever from Dynamic Catholic at http://dynamiccatholic.com/bestlentever/ for short daily videos. I love this!
What we’ve learned in February:
- Reading and making graphs
- Collective nouns, reflexive nouns and possessive nouns
- History of Pike Place Market
- 10 Commandments, Morning offering prayer and Order of Church leaders (pope, archbishop, priest)
- Book clubs have been meeting to share and make reading goals
- Engineering and Design: we planned, designed, created and reflected on problems that came up when we made container for Clifford’s bone
- Visit the chapel for Adoration prayer every Thursday- 10:00-10:10
- Adjectives and adverbs
- adding suffixes to words
- Identifying and counting coins
- Participating in the season of Lent and will learn about Sacramentals (items and actions used during prayer and mass like ash, blessed medals, blessed candles, crucifix, and the sign of the cross)
- Librarian Erin with visit us during the Greenwood Library closure for story time
- More cursive strokes
- Read biographies and write a biography about a classmate- Some biographies we’ll read: Dr. Seuss, Kate diCamillo (author), George Washington Carver and presidents
- End of the month: ecosystems and how plants and animals interact with ecosystems
- Read Aloud: The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane and The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe.
Here’s some great photos for you:
Engineering project: Recyclable materials were transformed into dog-bone carriers.